If you didn’t make it to the Photographic Competition evening you missed a very enjoyable event. Although the number of entries was a little down on previous years there were some cracking images in all the categories, which gave the judges much food for thought and discussion. Having said that, the judges were in agreement over the high quality of the pictures and (mostly) over the merits and marking of the of the entries. The winners and runners up in each of the categories were as follows, with the eventual winner (and new holder of the Gordon Langsbury Trophy) Michael Miller with dynamic picture of two cock pheasants fighting, being chosen by the audience. Thanks go to both of our excellent judges (Andrew Cleave and Mike McKee) and to Colin Wilson for organising the event.
- Portrait Winner – Whinchat by John Walker
- Portrait Runner Up – Golden Plover by Brian Winter
- Action Winner – Fighting Pheasants by Michael Miller
- Action Runner Up – Kestrel with mouse by Brian Winter
- Flight Winner – Annas Hummingbird by John Walker
- Flight Runner Up – Fulmar by Steven Day
Overall Winner – Michael Miller with his “Fighting Pheasants”