Conservation of wild birds and their habitats is a prime object of the Club. The Club’s conservation work includes:
- promoting conservation through grant awards by The Birds of Berkshire Conservation Fund.
- providing stewardship advice and support to landowners and others concerned with conservation. Please contact us for more information: email@example.com.
- providing information for assessments of environmental impact of building developments or land use change (in collaboration with the Thames Valley Environmental Records Centre) and responding to planning consultations etc, where bird conservation issues arise. Please contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- management, with others, of valuable bird sites in Berkshire, eg: Fobney Island, Padworth Lane Gravel Pits.
- surveying to provide the data for planning conservation work and monitoring to measure progress.
- carrying out BOC-led conservation projects.