Joining the BOC
Anyone who supports the aims of the Club can join as a member. Our aims are to:
- educate people about wild birds
- promote the conservation of wild birds and their habitats in Berkshire.
Supporting the Club by joining as a member will help us further these aims. It will also entitle you to:
- receive our Club welcome pack, including a copy of both Where to Watch Birds in Berkshire and Berkshire’s Birdscapes
- attend our programme of indoor and outdoor events
- receive our regular illustrated newsletters
- printed copies of the Club’s annual reports, the Birds of Berkshire, when they are published
- apply for a permit to enter Queen Mother Reservoir.
To join or renew your membership either:
- complete the online application form and follow the instructions for payment, or
- download and print the membership application and renewal form, fill in the details and post to the Membership Secretary at the address shown at the bottom of the form.
Subscriptions are due on the 1st October each year, except that those joining after 1st May enjoy up to 17 months’ membership before renewing. Subscriptions are:
- Individual: £20
- Family : £25
- Junior*/Student: £10
You can pay online, by cheque or by standing order. We encourage members to pay subscriptions by standing order as this facilitates membership administration: a discount of £2 is offered to all members paying in this way. See the standing order box in the membership application and renewal form.
* for Junior members under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must complete the application form as above and sign on behalf of the Junior member.
The Club does not provide its members’ personal details to any organisation or company. It will not do this in future without first consulting members. Records retained are used solely for the administration of the Club and its activities.